This is a detailed guide on how you can become a prompt engineer in Nigeria or anywhere in the world and make cool money remotely (from the comfort of your home).
In this article, you will know:
- Who a Prompt Engineer is
- What a prompt engineer does
- How to Become a Prompt Engineer
Are you ready to become a prompt engineer? Let’s get started!
In February, the CEO of OpenAI, Sam Altman, tweeted about how valuable it is to be able to write good prompts for AI chatbots.
In the words of Sam Altman, “Writing a really great prompt for a chatbot persona is an amazingly high-leverage skill.”
Who is a prompt engineer?
In the simplest of terms, a prompt engineer who has mastered the art of using Large Language Models (LLMs) otherwise known as AI (Artificial Intelligence) chatbots effectively to learn a skill or solve problems. See it as giving instructions to AI Chatbots to do something for you. If you are not good at writing prompts, you are never going to be able to use LLMs as you should.
What does a prompt engineer do?
What prompt engineers do is that they focus on writing and optimizing prompts. AI like ChatGPT can solve answer almost any questions but for it to give you something out of the ordinary, like coding, debugging, etc, you need to be able to write good prompts.
In summary, Prompt engineers train AI chatbots to improve their responses.
The requirement to become a prompt engineer in Nigeria
It will surprise you to know that you don’t need to have a background in coding/programming to become a prompt engineer. Below are the requirements you need.
- You need basic computer skills: Be able to use a computer and browser
- Ability to write and think creatively
- Explorative skill
- Of course, be willing to learn
Do not forget, you don’t need to have a background in coding/programming.
Top Prompt Engineering courses you can take
Before you can become an expert at something, you need to know how that thing is done. To become a prompt engineer, you are expected to go through some pieces of training, personally or in groups. Below are some of the courses on Prompt Engineering you can enrol for and take.
- Prompt Engineering for ChatGPT on Coursera. The course is handled by Dr Jules White. He will introduce you to prompt engineering, types of prompts, and prompt patterns and go through some examples with you.
- Udemy Courses: Some of the bestseller courses are ChatGPT Complete Guide: Learn Midjourney, ChatGPT 4 & More, Prompt Engineering with ChatGPT 4 & Midjourney 2000+ prompts, ChatGPT 101: Supercharge Your Work & Life (750+ Prompts inc) and some others. Be sure to explore Prompt Engineering courses on Udemy.
- Check YouTube for some amazing Prompt Engineering courses
As a recommendation, you can explore some videos on YouTube to see if it’s something you can do. After then, you can proceed to get paid courses and/or a coach.
FAQs about Prompt Engineering
How much do prompt engineers make?
Does prompt engineering require coding?
No, prompt engineering does not require coding or programming. Coding could be an added advantage.
How to make money with prompt engineering?
Master the skill and apply for jobs or freelance.
Wrapping up How to Become a Prompt Engineer in Nigeria
There you have it. Prompt Engineering is a new tech skill thanks to AI. If you want to become a prompt engineer in Nigeria, make sure you have the requirements, take up the right courses, practice and you are on your way to making lots of money before the is no longer hot.
Do you find this article helpful? Do share with your friends.