Access Bank – Udacity Advance Scholarship for Young Africans (cohort 3) 2023
Table of Contents
Apply for the Access Bank – Udacity Advance scholarship to enhance your future career or skill set in today’s most sought-after, in-demand tech skills.
Application Deadline: June 19, 2023
Udacity is collaborating with Access Bank, a multinational commercial bank, to empower people in Africa who are interested in learning tech-forward skills to kick-start careers. Udacity is proud to provide hands-on learning opportunities in fields such as Business Analytics, Programming, Data Science, Product Management and Digital Marketing. Scholarship recipients will complete a portfolio of real-world projects that demonstrate mastery of highly sought-after tech skills.
As the world becomes increasingly reliant on digital tools, the need for tech-fluent talent grows as well-making this your chance to begin a long-term career.
Requirements for Access Bank – Udacity Scholarship
- Anyone 20 to 30 years of age and above is encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship recipients should be prepared to invest about 5-10 hours per week during the Nanodegree programs.
- STEM graduate or demonstrated evidence of strong interest in pursuing an IT and Digital Career
- Consistent access to a laptop
- Consistent access to a strong data network and power supply
- Commitment to the time required for the program
- Must give pre-consent during application for Udacity to share data with the bank
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is strongly preferred
- Between 20-30 years
- Applicants based in Africa from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Guinea, Mozambique, and Cameroun are strongly preferred
All applicants will receive an email notifying them of the selection decision.
- Business Analytics: This is an introductory program and has no prerequisites. In order to succeed, we recommend having experience using a computer and being able to download and install applications.
- Introduction to Programming: In order to succeed, we recommend having experience using the web, being able to perform a search on Google, and (most importantly) having the determination to keep pushing forward.
- Programming for Data Science with Python: There are no prerequisites for this program, aside from basic computer skills. You should feel comfortable performing basic operations on your computer (e.g., opening files, folders, and applications, copying and pasting).
- Product Manager: No prior experience with Product Management is required. You will need to be comfortable with basic computer skills, such as managing files, using third-party online programs, and navigating the Internet through an online browser. You will also need access to a video camera on a computer.
- Digital Marketing: Students should have basic computer skills and be comfortable navigating online.
Program to choose from:
1). Business Analytics
Gain foundational data skills applicable to any industry. Collect and analyze data, model business scenarios, and communicate your findings with SQL, Excel, and Tableau. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
2). Introduction to Programming
Your first step towards careers in web and app development, machine learning, data science, Al, and more. This program is perfect for beginners. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
3). Programming for Data Science with Python
Prepare for a data science career by learning the fundamental data programming tools: Python, SQL, command line, and Git. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
4). Product Manager
Envision and lead the product strategy of industry-defining products and learn to successfully bring them to market. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
5). Digital Marketing
Gain real-world experience to run live campaigns as you learn from top experts in the field. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Access Bank – Udacity Scholarship Details
Phase 1: Challenge Course
20,000 Access Bank Scholarship applicants in the form of 3 rolling cohorts, will be selected to participate in a Challenge Course, with the third cohort beginning in May 2023. The upcoming third cohort will consist of 10,000 participants. During this first phase of the scholarship, students work through one of the five initial Challenge Courses that comprise course text, content and quizzes (no projects) for Business Analytics, Intro to Programming, Programming for Data Science with Python, Product Management, or Digital Marketing over the course of 5 weeks. Learners should be prepared to invest about 3-5 hours per week during this period. Challenge course recipients participating in this initial phase of the program will also engage with classmates in a robust, actively managed, student community.
Phase 2: Nanodegree program
2,000 students in the form of 3 rolling cohorts will be awarded a scholarship to Business Analytics, Intro to Programming, Programming for Data Science with Python, Product Management or Digital Marketing. The upcoming third cohort will consist of 1,000 full scholarships. Access to these Nanodegree programs includes expert project reviews provided by human project reviewers. Applicants should be prepared to invest about 5-10 hours per week for 2 months.
1. The timeline for Cohort 3 will be:
2. Applications Accepted: May 9, 2023-June 19, 2023
3. Challenge Winners announced: June 19, 2023
4. Challenge Course: June 22, 2023 – August 3, 2023
5. Scholarship Winners Announced: August 13, 2023
6. Nanodegree Scholarship: August 17, 2023-October 16, 2023
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Access Bank Udacity Advance Africa Scholarship page
Follow us on social media
Be sure your comment is on the current topic and do not SPAM us.
0 CommentsDROP COMMENT