Best SEO Tips For Music Bloggers: Secrets To Rank Music Blogs On Google
Every blogger wants to rank on Google but not every blogger knows how.
This is an expository guide for the best SEO tips for music bloggers on how to rank music blog posts on Google’s 1st page and other search engines.
In this guide, you will learn;
- How to write and publish SEO-friendly music post
- How to rank music blogs on WordPress and Blogspot
- How to add music files to Blogspot blogs
Let’s get started.
What you need to start a music blog today
- Custom domain name e.g alphawebtips.com
- Web host account
- Beautiful and fast theme ( I can develop one for you).
How to get music blogs ready for ranking
It is my personal rule of thumb, that once your blog is set up and ready to start dishing out articles, the most important thing for you to do is build quality backlinks to it using various keywords you’d love to rank for as the anchor texts.
Other things to do are;
- Make sure your music blog is submitted to Google search console, Yandex, and Bing and indexed. See a guide on how to submit a blog to the Google search console here.
- If you’ll be using mp3 tag, make sure it is ready
- On Blogspot, make sure you know how to add music files to Blogspot posts
- On WordPress, make sure you enable force download for your mp3 download. I.e the song should start downloading immediately after your audience click on the download button.
How to do keyword research for music blog posts
This kind of research is a bit, unlike other niches. Am very sure you know the popular artists in town, you know the popular songs and you know the popular music blogs.
What you need to do is join the list of popular music blogs by doing what the music blogs don’t.
Steps to do keyword research for music blog posts
- Take note of the artiste and the title of the song
- The keyword research tool you need is Google autosuggest, Google-related searches and user intents.
- Autosuggest is what what you get when you type anything on Google to search. While,
- Google Related searches are the other terms people are using while searching for the same song.
- User intent is when you put yourself in the position of the user, and think of a term they will use while trying to download a particular song.
Doing the above-mentioned steps will help you get your keyword for a particular song.
NOTE: You can use those steps whether it is a new artiste or a popular one.
Terms to include in your music blog post title
- Download e.g Download Pologo by Oplay
- Mp3/Mp4 e.g Download Nobody mp3 by Joeboy
- Audio/lyrics of Nobody by Joeboy
- Latest song by Joeboy – Nobody (Mp3/Mp4)
WARNING: Because you see Naijaloaded using “(Music) Yeyeboyfriend – Zlatan as the post title doesn’t mean you should have your title the same way. You just have to come up with terms people use on Google to download a particular song. It is called Search intents/user intents.
Before you start writing about the song, I repeat, make sure you get your title right by following the steps highlighted above.
SEO tips for music Bloggers on WordPress
At this juncture, I will be showing you how you can publish SEO-friendly music blog posts on WordPress.
See the video below or continue reading
Steps to rank music blog posts on WordPress
- Research and get your title right. For a popular artiste make sure it is the term people are searching for e.g. Download Wonma mp3 by Olamide.
- Write an SEO-friendly post by including the term in the post title, first paragraph, in the image alt tag and in the h2 tag.
- Include the song lyrics
- Once you publish the post, boost it.
- Inspect the post URL & request indexing immediately
- Submit sitemap
- Ping the post
- Link to it from your previous music post
- Share it on your social media handles
- How to write SEO-friendly music posts?
How to write SEO-friendly music posts on WordPress
Having gotten your post title, you need to make sure your post is rankable too. Follow the steps below to write an SEO-friendly post.
- Use the keyword in your post title. Make sure its closer to the front
- Add the image of the song and use the keyword in the image alt tag
- Use it stylishly in your first paragraph. Like this
- Don’t copy what others have written about the song. Make yours unique. Be creative.
- Use the keyword in h2. Like this
- Add the media player
- Add the download button
- Add the lyrics of the song. This is because people may not remember the title of the song but remembers part of the song and use it to Google search.
- Set the post category
- Set up the tag like; Download Pologo, Pologo by Oplay, Tope O’Play, and Pologo mp3 download. NOTE: You can use some of the google related searches in your post tag.
- Set your featured image
- If you are using an SEO plugin, set it up too.
- Proofread and publish
- After doing all these, follow step 4 of steps to rank the music posts above.
How to rank music posts on Blogspot/Blogger
Ranking a blogger blog for music posts is the same technique as that WordPress. But there’s a little difference and some important things Blogspot users neglect. I discussed them in my Blogger Blog Ranker.
Steps to rank music blog posts on Blogspot
To avoid repetition, see the steps to rank music posts on WordPress discussed above.
How to write SEO-friendly music blog posts on Blogspot
This is a video guide. Coming soon…
Wrapping up SEO tips for music bloggers: Secrets to rank music blogs on Google
This long article on SEO tips for music bloggers has revealed the secrets and what you need to do to start ranking music t in this decade.
If you can follow everything as explained in this article, you will start ranking your music blog either on WordPress or Blogspot in no time.
Does this article Worth it? Do let me know in the comment section below.